Shortly after formation of the parish, 15 members were elected to Northstowe Town Council on the 6th May 2021. Elections took place again in May 2022, bringing this in line with the 4 year election cycle across the rest of South Cambridgeshire.
You can find out who your Town Councillors are on the "Your Councillors" section of this website.
To find out more how the Town Council functions, please visit our Policies and Accounts web pages.
The Town Council holds monthly Full Council meetings and has several Standing Committees that meet regularly. All meetings are always open to the public.
In addition to the official Council meetings, several Working Groups have been formed to research and prepare information, to bring this back to the relevant Council meeting for decision-making; the current Working Groups are:
Working Groups reporting back to Full Council:
- Phase 1 Asset Transfer Opportunities Working Group (Sports Pavilion) - 5 Cllrs.: Cllr Benedicic (lead); Cllr Bros Sabria; Cllr Littlemore; Cllr Owen; Cllr Panvekar.
- Community Lounge Working Group: 5 Cllrs.: Cllr Sovago (lead); Cllr Benedicic; Cllr Castelino; Cllr Delip; Cllr Males; plus 2 resident members.
- Road Safety Working Group: 6 Cllrs.: Cllrs Sovago (joint lead); Cllr Susarla (joint lead); Cllr Greef; Cllr Kinnera; Cllr Littlemore; Cllr Panvekar.
Working Groups reporting back to the Events and Markets Commitee:
- Market Development Working Group: 4 Cllrs.: Cllr Bros Sabria (lead); Cllr Delip; Cllr Males; Cllr Susarla; plus 1 external partner (Northstowe Foodies).
- Jubilee Event Working Group: 3 Cllrs.: Cllr Delip; Cllr Males; Cllr Susarla - no lead.
- 2022 Christmas Switch-On Working Group: 3 Cllrs.: Cllr Delip; Cllr Males; Cllr Susarla - no lead.